BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, March 7, 2008

Another Joshua Update

We are home. We got home about 11:30. The surgery went well. It is a quick surgery. We were able to go back to the recovery room when he was more alert. He did not look good at all. He was eating a popsicle, but was very quiet. He was extremely quiet all the way home. Jack brought him in and put him on the couch and about 2 minutes later, he threw up. We knew that could happen. He looks a little better now and is resting on the couch watching videos. I have had a hard time getting Tylenol in him. I have gotten a few sips of water down him, and I will feel better once he starts drinking again. Jack went to get the kids and is picking us up some lunch. Josh said he wanted something, so hopefully he will eat. Thanks mom, for watching the kids. I didn't know who else to call and there is no way they could have sat that long.

The doctor said it was a good thing that we caught this. The eardrums were starting to collapse inward and in time, it would have caused major damage. The ears actually looked worse than his initial evaluation. We'll probably keep a closer eye on him from now on. We go back in two weeks to find out if the fluid is gone and if the hearing has been improved.

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers. I know this is a "simple" procedure, but as a mom you still worry. It is hard to answer all his questions. It's still scary when your child goes under. I know I am emotionally exhausted. If it weren't for Jacob and Jenna, I think I could snuggle up for a nap myself, especially in this raining weather.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

if you need me to watch Jacob and Jenna tomorrow so the three oldest J's can rest, let me know...glad things went well

jennwa said...

I am glad the surgery went well.