BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 24, 2008

Just Like Her Mom....

This post is for your, Mark......Friday we went and had lunch with Jack. We went out to eat at Wendy's. Jenna for some reason LOVES Wendy's. She says it's her favorite place. Jenna has a birthday coming up on Sunday, April 13th, so I asked her...."Jenna...if you could go anywhere you wanted to eat for your birthday, where would you go" She said "I want to eat at Wendy's". Joshua was sitting right beside her and rolled his eyes and said "oh brother". I said, "Joshua, what's wrong, where would you go?". He said "Of course I would go to Logans"!!!

Now, to all my readers that probably isn't funny, but I died laughing because it brought back me and my brother. My parents usually let us choose some place to eat on our birthdays and I guess a steakhouse was usually chosen (it was a real treat back then). I remember one time it was my birthday and my turn to pick out a place to eat. I am not sure how old I was, but probably around Joshua's age. I was asked where I would like to eat.......drum roll please....I chose Mr. Quick!!! Mr. Quick was a hamburger joint, like McDonalds, or Wendy's. I wanted to eat at Mr. Quicks because they had the chairs that you could swivel, or turn yourself completely around in a circle! My brother was in total disbelief that we were going to Mr. Quick. I bet he was tasting that steak all day, only to have to eat a hamburger!!! So, I see my childhood in Jenna! I needed that laugh! She truly is my daughter!!!

3 comments:

Mark said...

Yes, I will never forget that as long as I live. For your readers, Mr. Quick was fast food, but not even up to the level of McDonald's or Wendy's (I don't think there even was a Wendy's yet way back then). Like Jen said, Catrina and I would choose a steak house or some other sit down restaurant. At the time we were saying she could have at least chosen McDonald's which would have been a step up.

But hey, when it's your birthday, its your choice. So enjoy Wendy's Jenna! Just be glad she doesn't choose Ruth's Chris.

Unknown said...

:O) you buy that girl a Frosty! Thanks for the laugh.

sara said...

That is funny!