BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, August 4, 2007

Worry Wart

I didn't really know what to call today's blog entry. I had a call on our answering machine last night saying the teachers go back to school on the 20th and that we should know by the 22nd who Joshua's teacher will be. I am really nervous about this. I know there are two good ones, Ms. Carroll, and Ms. Sorrenson. I know there is one bad one, Ms. Sampson, and the other 4 or 5 I know nothing about. I just want the best for him, and I can't control this, and you know me, I like to control things!!!! There will be an open house on the 23rd to meet the teacher......oh, there goes our anniversary dinner!!! (that is our anniversary)

Last night we went and looked at a van. I REALLY liked the van. We set a budget and I am proud that we stuck to it. The good thing is that we could have paid cash, the bad thing is is of course, they wouldn't come down to where we wanted, and the really bad part is the reality of what our "cash" money can really buy. We can easily buy another van with very high miles, but why do that? Everything I see in our cash budget can only buy us something with 100k plus miles on it. Our van has 139k miles on it. I am just ready for a change and reality is hitting. Our van has a broken windshield, a missing hub cap, and only one sliding door. Our family is getting older and we really need more. Our van makes us look really poor (I guess we are though, aren't we?) I guess we will just keep driving our beat up van until it reaches 200k miles, but the sad thing is all our vehicles are like that. Our Honda has 90k, the Toyota has 230k so knowing our luck, they will all break down at once!!!!! I just worry because the vehicles seems to need so much maintenance lately, and then I will be driving a lot in the fall...taking Josh to school, driving to preschool etc. I would like something a little more dependable, but I guess being debt free is much better.......isn't it?

2 comments:

sara said...

You are so right- being debt free is so worth it!!!! We are almost there and we will be so happy !!

Pam said...

Getting caught up here after my wild week of baking! Hang in there! The Lord will provide the right car at the right time for the right amount of money, and then HE will get ALL the glory for His provision. The Lord will reward you for your faithfulness, patience, and wise stewardship!