BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 30, 2007

A Closed Door???

I really thought I was going to California. After mom got home from an exhausting trip, she graciously said that she would stay here with the kids. I couldn't believe it. Last night, I put the kids to bed and started looking into things to do. I was so excited to know there were malls just blocks from the motel (things to do while Jack is working). The facilities looked great....heated pools, hot tubs, gyms etc. I also started planning our trip....the Golden Gate, cable cars, China Town, Fisherman's Wharf, the beaches....etc. I planned out our travel plans, our flights, even Jack's flight home and printed it out for the travel agent so that she could book it for us (he has to use his travel agent at work). I woke up this morning and the price went up $175. It's now over $400 for me to fly. We really can't afford that money. We really couldn't afford the $230 flight either, but that was a dream price. I just feel like it is a closed door. Needless to say, I am very disappointed. If I could have only booked my flight last night. I am praying for a miracle...like maybe his travel agent can get a good discount or a better rate, but I really doubt it. I have checked all the major discount Internet travel sites, and even the airlines themselves, and $405 is the cheapest flight available. I'll keep you posted.

0 comments: