BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The Strawberry Patch


Excited to go!

Hunting for berries
Whew, this is hard work!
what a nice reward and treat!


I went ahead and posted Joshua's soccer game yesterday in case you missed the details. Yesterday, Jacob and Jenna's preschool went to Smith's nursery and strawberry field. It was a lot of fun. I have never been strawberry picking, can you believe that???? I'd love to go again. Each of us got a bucket (they gave the teachers a free bucket). After we picked our strawberries, we went down and saw the catfish and the turtles. Then they took us to see the goats and a beehive. It was one of the nicer field trips that the school has taken. It worked out really well because Joshua's class took a field trip yesterday too. Anyway, the lady told me strawberry season is about the second week of April until the second week of June, so we might just have to take another trip. They really enjoyed eating some along the way too!!! I also want to visit their nursery as they had some beautiful plants!

Don't they look good?

2 comments:

sara said...

They do look good! We will have to go sometime.

fillup said...

Good pictures! Know that was fun in the strawberry patch. When I was young, my grandmother had a huge strawberry patch, and I and some others would work for her and pick strawberries. it was a hard, long, job. I bought my first wrist watch with the money.