BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, April 27, 2007

On a Brighter Note....

Ok. I felt really guilty for my post this morning. I have a lot of things to be thankful for, even if I can't get away from Jack. I managed to close my closet door today and get a few minutes to myself (this never happens). The kids were playing nicely in their room, so I prayed about it and asked God if he wanted me to go, that He would just open the doors to make it work out. I know if it is meant to be, it will be clear and plans will fall into place. I shouldn't doubt the summer vacation. That would actually be easier as kids are not in school.

So, my brighter note....I have been a busy bee this morning...I changed the sheets on all of the beds today. It gives me a workout getting on the top bunk! Every time I change sheets, the boys change beds (they both like the top). I have also been spending the day washing, cutting strawberries. I learned I could freeze them. All you do is cut them up and add sugar to them, so I froze two bags. Also Jacob's teacher at preschool made this wonderful dessert. It's almost like italian ice, only it tastes much better. Jacob LOVED it, and I hope that maybe Joshua will eat some. I am proud of what I have done so far. Maybe after lunch, I can finish folding laundry and take my shower for my night out!! Here is the recipe (she called it something fancy and she didn't put a title on the recipe:

1 cup hot water
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3/4 cup sugar
3 cup sliced strawberries

Mix first 3 ingredients. Blend strawberries and sugar syrup. Pour into 13x9x2 non stick pan and put into freezer. Every 20-30 minutes stir and scrape sides into center for about 1 1/2 hours. Cover and keep frozen until ready to serve! Yum Yum!!

0 comments: