BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, April 27, 2007

Finally Friday!

Whew! It's Friday. I am so thankful!! I didn't go to the gym this morning. I thought I would treat myself to sleeping to 6:30 and it felt good! I am looking forward to a good weekend. Family night is getting moved to tomorrow. We will have tacos then and do whatever Joshua wants to do. Tonight, I am going with Sara to the Southern Women's Show! I am so excited to have a "girls night out"!! It is much needed. I used to go to these shows a few years ago when they were downtown, but I have missed it for 2-3 years and now it is at the fairground. I hope it is as good as it used to be. At least the parking is free!! Who knows....maybe I'll get brave enough for a free makeover or something!!
I am a little discouraged though.....Jack called me last night and said that he may be going to California during the week of the 14th (May). He wanted me to go. I thought...wow...California!! I actually checked into airline tickets last night and they were VERY reasonable right now (like $240). Of course the longer you wait, the higher they get. I also thought what a wonderful mother's day gift....to get away!.....Of course, I don't have anyone to watch the kids. Plus, Joshua is in school. I don't mind him missing one day, but two-three days (I wouldn't be gone the entire week) is too much. I don't feel close enough to anyone at church to ask them. I have friends, but no one close enough to ask. I know my mom would watch them in a heartbeat if she could, but the kids are too much for her for that length of time. I'll be honest, I am giving up on the idea of going away for our anniversary too. It's hard for me to ask people, and everyone has their own lives, and who wants to take on three kids!!! I know someone who would take Jacob and Jenna, but because of Joshua's school, they probably couldn't do it, plus, their child is in school too. It's hard enough sometimes to find sitters for us to have "date night". Who knows if he will actually go to California anyway and if it will be that week? And, it would probably be better if we didn't get away this summer, because it would just be money we don't really have....right????

2 comments:

Mark said...

Do you really want a few day getaway? Invoke Matthew 7:7. The details will work themselves out.

sara said...

I know how you feel....we felt the same way. We prayed about it and the Lord gave us peace about who to ask and also the idea to split the time between two. The Lord will bring the solution. I was thinking that there must be a single person who would be able to do it?? Do you know any single people from your old church that you could pay a little $$?

I would love to do it for you but that is the week we go away. Also, I am afraid to do stuff like that because my heart has been giving me some trouble lately, and I've not been feeling too well (it comes and goes). I will pray that you find somebody. Too bad Rhonda is still working full time or I bet she would do it.